Cottonwood Hollow [camphouse-1]
1935

The camp house at Cottonwood Hollow on the O'Connor Duke Ranch shows a simple board and batten building with a covered porch across the front. Aligning windows and doors across from each other provides good ventilation. A wooden wagon with the chuck box on the back sits in front. A small tree (rare on the prairie) is protected with a fence. Hennon "Quinta" Collins, the cook, is at a table on the porch prepping for a meal. Louis Power, the foreman, walks toward the porch. A cowhand is laying down on the right. Hogs and dogs are in the yard and tasso (dried meat) hangs from the line.



Related Content

Cottonwood Hollow [camphouse-1]